Yes, you read it right! For a “spa addict”!
If you’re one of those who can’t last a week without visiting your favorite spa for a body scrub or foot massage, you should start turning your bathroom into an exclusive spa that will give you the experience of the real thing.
Here are a few easy-to-follow tips on how to exactly do just that inside your bathroom. Imagine how much you can save if you won’t need to pay an expensive fee in an actual spa every week.
Start with the looks!
Ambience is the key. When trying to give your bathroom the look of a real spa, you should start working on the ambience. The goal is to instantly give everyone a feel of the real spa from the moment they enter the room.
Your best options are warm and relaxing tones, so go for:
- Stone or wooden texture for the wallpaper
- Brown wooden shelves above the tub where you can put all the essential oils and home-made spa recipes for a grand bathing experience
- A wooden spa bath mat right before you enter the bathing area
- A rectangular wooden palette on top of your tub so you can read a book while your body soaks in aromatic, skin food tub water.
- Dim and warm lights plus candles, of course! I mean, c’mon!
It’s also advisable to add some elements of nature inside your bathroom, like long-stemmed indoor plants and small succulents.
As for the floors, choose dark-colored tiles surrounded with pebbles on the corners. Adding these elements inside your bathroom creates a more spa-like vibe.
Spa-inspired bath plumbing fixtures
Upgrading the plumbing fixtures in your bathroom is automatically included if you plan to turn it into your own exclusive spa. Contrary to what you think, you don’t need to spend that much in this project! If you know an HDB plumber who can help you do an affordable bathroom upgrade, you won’t need to break the bank just to achieve this goal.
Here are some stylish yet inexpensive additions he can install in your bathroom.
- Bronze faucet and shower knob for added warmth inside your bathroom.
- A classy stand-alone tub that looks far from the ordinary white bath tub in a residential home. This type of tub is definitely more stylish at first glance. It gives an instant expectation of a real spa experience.
- Stylish shower screen is a defiance to the usual shower curtain. Without a doubt, a shower screen is easier to maintain. And it is definitely a winner in creating a spa ambience inside the bathroom. Choose a plain shower screen with a frame of gold, silver, or black.
- Cabinet dedicated for spa recipes. Finally, you should have a dedicated cabinet for all your spa recipes so they can all be kept properly. We know that these mixtures are quite sensitive to temperature so the best way to preserve them is by having a dedicated cabinet inside the bathroom for them.
So there you go. These are the simple tips we have to make your bathroom an exclusive spa salon for you! Just spice it up with home-made oil and scrub and you’re off to go! Send in some of your comments on how your bathroom remodeling went.